Warm Wilted Lettuce Salad Recipe
- 1 bunch leaf lettuce, torn
- 6 to 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 to 6 green onions with tops, thinly sliced
- 4 to 5 bacon strips
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Toss lettuce, radishes and onions in a large salad bowl; set aside. In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. To the hot drippings, add vinegar, lemon juice, sugar and pepper; stir well. Immediately pour dressing over salad; toss gently. Crumble the bacon and sprinkle on top. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 76 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Warm Wilted Lettuce Salad
"A delicious way to enjoy my spring lettuce, radishes and green onions from my garden! I added a sliced boiled egg. The dressing was delicious but I would probably double it next time as my bacon didn't cook out a lot of grease."
"This was very good. The only drawback is that it didn't seem like enough dressing."