Warm Wilted Lettuce Salad Recipe
- 1 bunch leaf lettuce, torn
- 6 to 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 to 6 green onions with tops, thinly sliced
- 4 to 5 bacon strips
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Toss lettuce, radishes and onions in a large salad bowl; set aside. In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. To the hot drippings, add vinegar, lemon juice, sugar and pepper; stir well. Immediately pour dressing over salad; toss gently. Crumble the bacon and sprinkle on top. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 76 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Warm Wilted Lettuce Salad
"A delicious way to enjoy my spring lettuce, radishes and green onions from my garden! I added a sliced boiled egg. The dressing was delicious but I would probably double it next time as my bacon didn't cook out a lot of grease."
"This was very good. The only drawback is that it didn't seem like enough dressing."