Fresh, colorful and lightly coated with a delectable dressing, this salad is perfect for a special meal or Sunday dinner. Mom made it look so tempting with the crisp radishes and crumbled bacon. —Vera Reid, Laramie, Wyoming
- 1 bunch leaf lettuce, torn
- 6 to 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 to 6 green onions with tops, thinly sliced
- 4 to 5 bacon strips
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Toss lettuce, radishes and onions in a large salad bowl; set aside. In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. To the hot drippings, add vinegar, lemon juice, sugar and pepper; stir well. Immediately pour dressing over salad; toss gently. Crumble the bacon and sprinkle on top. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Wilted Lettuce Salad in Taste of Home April/May 1994, p37
Reviews for Warm Wilted Lettuce Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 17, 2013
"This was very good. The only drawback is that it didn't seem like enough dressing."