Warm Wilted Lettuce Salad Recipe
Fresh, colorful and lightly coated with a delectable dressing, this salad is perfect for a special meal or Sunday dinner. Mom made it look so tempting with the crisp radishes and crumbled bacon. Vera Reid, Laramie, Wyoming
- 1 bunch leaf lettuce, torn
- 6 to 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 to 6 green onions with tops, thinly sliced
- 4 to 5 bacon strips
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Toss lettuce, radishes and onions in a large salad bowl; set aside. In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. To the hot drippings, add vinegar, lemon juice, sugar and pepper; stir well. Immediately pour dressing over salad; toss gently. Crumble the bacon and sprinkle on top. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Wilted Lettuce Salad in Taste of Home April/May 1994, p37
Reviews for Warm Wilted Lettuce Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 17, 2013
This was very good. The only drawback is that it didn't seem like enough dressing.