Warm Tuscan Bean Salad Recipe
Linda Arnold of Edmonton, Alberta sends this dressed up, white bean side dish that's coated in a tangy homemade vinaigrette. She says, “This is often a quick lunch and it also meets my gluten free diet needs.”
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the onion, green pepper and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in tomato and seasonings; cook 3-4 minutes longer. Add beans; cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
2/3 cup equals 136 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 285 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC