Warm Tuscan Bean Salad
Linda Arnold of Edmonton, Alberta sends this dressed up, white bean side dish that's coated in a tangy homemade vinaigrette. She says, “This is often a quick lunch and it also meets my gluten free diet needs.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the
- onion, green pepper and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in tomato
- and seasonings; cook 3-4 minutes longer. Add beans; cook and stir
- until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 136 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 285 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.