Warm Tuna Pita Pockets Recipe
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pita bread (6 inches), halved
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the tuna, cheese, celery, onion and mayonnaise. Spoon into pita halves. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 filled pita half (prepared with reduced-fat cheddar cheese and reduced-fat mayonnaise) equals 368 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 885 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Reviews for Warm Tuna Pita Pockets
"This has been our favorite Tuna Recipe. Its quick, easy to make and so good. I have just shared the recipe with my Granddaughter who was married recently and looking for recipes for 2. I really miss the Cooking for Two magazine."
"What a joy to stumble across a familiar name. Is Glenn your brother (he is my father)?"