Warm Tuna Pita Pockets
Marge Nicol of Shannon, Illinois tucks this cheesy tuna filling in a warm pita pocket for a fun, fast grab-and-go lunch. “The celery adds a nice crunch,” she says.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pita bread (6 inches), halved
- In a small bowl, combine the tuna, cheese, celery, onion and
- mayonnaise. Spoon into pita halves. Place on an ungreased baking
- sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through and
- cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 filled pita half (prepared with reduced-fat cheddar cheese and reduced-fat mayonnaise) equals 368 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 885 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.