Warm Szechuan Shrimp and Spinach Salad Recipe
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole baby corn, drained
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup salted roasted almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1. In a large skillet, saute shrimp in oil until no longer pink. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, corn, sprouts, almonds, water chestnuts, red pepper, cilantro, onion and shrimp.
- 2. In the same skillet, combine the vinegar, ginger, garlic sauce and soy sauce. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through; pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
2 cups: 187 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 468mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Warm Szechuan Shrimp and Spinach Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.