“I love sweet potatoes, so I’m always trying to come up with new ways to serve them. A few years ago, I was craving potato salad but only had sweet potatoes on hand. This is the result,” shares Lisa Huff of Birmingham, Alabama.
Recommended: 39 Quick Vegetarian Meals for Winter Weeknights
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon real bacon bits
- Place sweet potato in a small baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small serving bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, dill, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Add sweet potato and toss to coat; sprinkle with onion and bacon. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Warm Sweet Potato Salad in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p39
Reviews for Warm Sweet Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 20, 2013
"I've made this recipe numerous times and we love it! I use chives instead of the green onion because I have them on hand."