Warm Sweet Onion Spread
"This is such a simple appetizer, but it's one of the most delicious I've ever tasted," says Chris Greissinger of Hollis, New Hampshire. The rich onion mixture is terrific served with crackers or tortilla chips.
16 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 2 small sweet onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the onions, mayonnaise and cheese. Spoon
- into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Broil 6 in. from the
- heat for 2-3 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with crackers. Yield:
- about 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 195 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 139 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.