- 2 small sweet onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the onions, mayonnaise and cheese. Spoon into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with crackers. Yield: about 4 cups.
Originally published as Warm Sweet Onion Spread in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p10
Reviews for Warm Sweet Onion Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2014
Have made this several times, not recently though. Very good on sandwiches.
Reviewed Feb. 25, 2010
been making this for years-guests all love it
i have used frozen bags of onions also
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Spread >
- Cheese Spreads >
- Easy Appetizer Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Easy Finger Foods >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >