Warm Sweet Onion Spread Recipe
"This is such a simple appetizer, but it's one of the most delicious I've ever tasted," says Chris Greissinger of Hollis, New Hampshire. The rich onion mixture is terrific served with crackers or tortilla chips.
- 2 small sweet onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the onions, mayonnaise and cheese. Spoon into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with crackers. Yield: about 4 cups.
Originally published as Warm Sweet Onion Spread in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p10
Reviews for Warm Sweet Onion Spread(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 25, 2010
been making this for years-guests all love it
i have used frozen bags of onions also
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Spread >
- Cheese Spreads >
- Easy Appetizer Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Easy Finger Foods >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >