Warm Strawberry Fondue Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Angel food cake cubes and fresh fruit
- 1. In a food processor, combine the strawberries, cream, cornstarch and lemon juice; cover and process until smooth.
- 2. Pour into saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Transfer to a fondue pot or 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; keep warm. Serve with cake and fruit. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
One serving (2 tablespoons prepared with fat-free half-and-half; calculated without cake and fruit) equals 27 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit.