Warm Strawberry Fondue Recipe
For a delightful dessert, Sharon Mensing needs only a handful of ingredients to fix this unusual fruit fondue. "Use grapes, bananas, strawberries and angel food cake cubes as dippers," she suggests from Greenfield, Iowa.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Angel food cake cubes and fresh fruit
- 1. In a food processor, combine the strawberries, cream, cornstarch and lemon juice; cover and process until smooth.
- 2. Pour into saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Transfer to a fondue pot or 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; keep warm. Serve with cake and fruit. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoon: 27 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Warm Strawberry Fondue
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC