For a delightful dessert, Sharon Mensing needs only a handful of ingredients to fix this unusual fruit fondue. "Use grapes, bananas, strawberries and angel food cake cubes as dippers," she suggests from Greenfield, Iowa.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Angel food cake cubes and fresh fruit
- In a food processor, combine the strawberries, cream, cornstarch and lemon juice; cover and process until smooth.
- Pour into saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Transfer to a fondue pot or 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; keep warm. Serve with cake and fruit. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Warm Strawberry Fondue in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p19
Reviews for Warm Strawberry Fondue
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2010
"This is an awesome dessert fondue. Dipping pound cake in it was by far the best. My family and I decided it tasted just like strawberry shortcake!"
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2009
"This is a holiday favorite at our house!"