For a delightful dessert, Sharon Mensing needs only a handful of ingredients to fix this unusual fruit fondue. "Use grapes, bananas, strawberries and angel food cake cubes as dippers," she suggests from Greenfield, Iowa.
Recommended: 45 Valentine's Day Desserts for Your Sweetie
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Angel food cake cubes and fresh fruit
- In a food processor, combine the strawberries, cream, cornstarch and lemon juice; cover and process until smooth.
- Pour into saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Transfer to a fondue pot or 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; keep warm. Serve with cake and fruit. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Warm Strawberry Fondue in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p19
Reviews for Warm Strawberry Fondue
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review