Warm Sticky Toffee Pudding Recipe
Sticky Mincemeat Toffee Pudding is not pudding in the American sense of the word. It is a very rich, moist, spiced cake, repleat with mincemeat and toasted walnuts, drizzled with buttery warm toffee sauce. Serve Sticky Toffee Mincemeat Pudding warm or at room temperature. The Toffee Sauce should be heated just before serving. —Denise Nyland, Panama City, Florida
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/3 cups prepared mincemeat
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- TOFFEE SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Grease a 9-in.-square baking pan. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until blended. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in mincemeat and walnuts.
- 2. Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly in pan on a wire rack.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; stir in brown sugar and cream. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat; simmer about 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Serve with warm cake. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving: 571 calories, 27g fat (13g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 474mg sodium, 80g carbohydrate (63g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Warm Sticky Toffee Pudding
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC