Warm Spinach Salad
This salad can be varied by substituting your family's favorite greens for the spinach. If you're really pressed for time, a bottled spinach dressing should work nicely besides.—Elizabeth Montgomery, Allston, MA
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) fresh spinach, torn
- Hard-cooked eggs and seasoned croutons, optional
- In a Dutch oven, saute garlic in oil for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the
- heat; cool slightly. Stir in vinegar, salt and pepper. Add spinach
- and toss to coat. Place on plates or in bowls; top with eggs and
- croutons if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 93 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 234 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.