Warm Spinach Mushroom Salad
In addition to being a very tasty side-dish salad, this is one of my favorites to have for lunch. It makes just the right amount for two portions.
-Helen Ward O'Key, Torrington, Connecticut
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 onion slices, separated into rings
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinaigrette dressing or vinaigrette of your choice
- 1/2 cup salad croutons
- In a skillet, saute onion and garlic powder in butter until onion is
- tender. Add mushrooms; cover and cook for 1 minute or until tender.
- Add spinach; sprinkle with salt and vinaigrette. Cover and cook for
- 1 minute or until spinach is wilted. Serve warm with croutons.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 179 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 284 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.