“I created this lighter version of a hot spinach dip after my husband and five kids raved about a similar appetizer at one of our favorite restaurants,” says Debbie Marrone of Warner Robins, Georgia. TIP: “It's great with tortilla chips, bagel chips or low-fat wheat crackers,” Debbie suggests.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 7-8 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Serve warm with vegetables. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Warm Spinach Dip in Quick Cooking September/October 2005, p52
Reviews for Warm Spinach Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review