Warm Spiced Nuts
I like to set out bowls of spiced nuts when hosting holiday parties. Sometimes I stir in M&M's for a sweet and salty snack.Jill Matson, Zimmerman, Minnesota
12 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup Diamond of California Pecan Halves
- 1 cup unblanched almonds
- 1 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the pecans, almonds and peanuts. Combine
- butter and Worcestershire sauce; pour over nuts and toss to coat.
- Spread in a single layer in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in.
- baking pan. Bake at 300° for 30 minutes or until browned,
- stirring every 10 minutes.
- Transfer warm nuts to a bowl. Combine the chili powder, garlic salt
- and cayenne; sprinkle over nuts and stir to coat. Serve warm, or
- allow to cool before storing in an airtight container. Yield: 3
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 231 calories, 22 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.