Warm Spiced Nuts Recipe
I like to set out bowls of spiced nuts when hosting holiday parties. Sometimes I stir in M&M's for a sweet and salty snack.—Jill Matson, Zimmerman, Minnesota
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup unblanched almonds
- 1 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the pecans, almonds and peanuts. Combine butter and Worcestershire sauce; pour over nuts and toss to coat.
- 2. Spread in a single layer in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 300° for 30 minutes or until browned, stirring every 10 minutes.
- 3. Transfer warm nuts to a bowl. Combine the chili powder, garlic salt and cayenne; sprinkle over nuts and stir to coat. Serve warm, or allow to cool before storing in an airtight container. Yield: 3 cups.
1/4 cup equals 231 calories, 22 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC