Warm Spiced Cider Punch Recipe
"This is a nice warm-up punch--I like to serve it when there is a nip in the air," writes Susan Smith of Forest, Virginia. The aroma of the apple cider, orange juice and spices is wonderful as the punch simmers in the slow cooker.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 5 min. Cook: 4 hours YIELD:8 servings
- 4 cups apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Orange slices and additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the apple cider, water, orange juice concentrate, nutmeg and ginger. Place cloves and cinnamon sticks on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Place bag in slow cooker.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through. Remove and discard spice bag. Garnish with orange slices and additional cinnamon sticks if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 108 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 13 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 fruit.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC