Warm Spiced Cider Punch
"This is a nice warm-up punch--I like to serve it when there is a nip in the air," writes Susan Smith of Forest, Virginia. The aroma of the apple cider, orange juice and spices is wonderful as the punch simmers in the slow cooker.
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 4 cups apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Orange slices and additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the apple cider, water, orange juice
- concentrate, nutmeg and ginger. Place cloves and cinnamon sticks on
- a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie
- with string to form a bag. Place bag in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through. Remove
- and discard spice bag. Garnish with orange slices and additional
- cinnamon sticks if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 108 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 13 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 fruit.