Warm Shrimp Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the onion and garlic in butter until onion is tender. Stir in the broth and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4 minutes or until heated through. Add shrimp; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Place salad greens on four serving plates; top with shrimp mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 164 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 180mg cholesterol, 328mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Warm Shrimp Salad
"This salad is very good warm. My husband and I love it and he is not much for salads. We left out the red pepper flakes and added some pecans and it was delicous. It is not so good cold."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.