Warm Shrimp Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the onion and garlic in butter until onion is tender. Stir in the broth and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4 minutes or until heated through. Add shrimp; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Place salad greens on four serving plates; top with shrimp mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 164 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 180 mg cholesterol, 328 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Warm Shrimp Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.