Warm Shrimp Salad
For a delicious change of pace, try this zesty shrimp mixture spooned over fresh salad greens. The blend of herbs provides plenty of zippy flavor. Serve it with thick slices of Italian or garlic bread for an easy supper.
-Judith LaBrozzi, Canton, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- In a large skillet, saute the onion and garlic in butter until onion
- is tender. Stir in the broth and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4 minutes or until heated through. Add
- shrimp; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Place salad greens on four serving plates; top with shrimp mixture.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 164 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 180 mg cholesterol, 328 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon