For a delicious change of pace, try this zesty shrimp mixture spooned over fresh salad greens. The blend of herbs provides plenty of zippy flavor. Serve it with thick slices of Italian or garlic bread for an easy supper. -Judith LaBrozzi, Canton, Ohio
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- In a large skillet, saute the onion and garlic in butter until onion is tender. Stir in the broth and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4 minutes or until heated through. Add shrimp; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Place salad greens on four serving plates; top with shrimp mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Warm Shrimp Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p29
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Warm Shrimp Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review