Warm Sesame Beef and Asparagus Salad
Especially during the summer, this makes a nice light meal. It's quick and easy, but it always wins me many compliments. Cooking is one of my favorite hobbies...I like to experiment with different recipes.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound beef top round steak
- 4 cups sliced fresh asparagus (cut in 2-inch pieces)
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- Sesame seeds
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- Broil steak to desired doneness. Cool and cut into thin diagonal
- strips. Cook asparagus in a small amount of water 30-60 seconds.
- Drain and cool.
- Combine beef and asparagus. Combine the soy sauce, oil, vinegar and
- ginger; pour over beef and asparagus. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and
- toss lightly. Serve warm or at room temperature on lettuce leaves if
- desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/6 recipe equals 179 calories, 8 g fat (0 saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 366 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat,