Warm Sesame Beef and Asparagus Salad Recipe
- 1 pound beef top round steak
- 4 cups sliced fresh asparagus (cut in 2-inch pieces)
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- Sesame seeds
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. Broil steak to desired doneness. Cool and cut into thin diagonal strips. Cook asparagus in a small amount of water 30-60 seconds. Drain and cool.
- 2. Combine beef and asparagus. Combine the soy sauce, oil, vinegar and ginger; pour over beef and asparagus. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and toss lightly. Serve warm or at room temperature on lettuce leaves if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1/6 recipe equals 179 calories, 8 g fat (0 saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 366 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Warm Sesame Beef and Asparagus Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.