Especially during the summer, this makes a nice light meal. It's quick and easy, but it always wins me many compliments. Cooking is one of my favorite hobbies...I like to experiment with different recipes.
- 1 pound beef top round steak
- 4 cups sliced fresh asparagus (cut in 2-inch pieces)
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- Sesame seeds
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- Broil steak to desired doneness. Cool and cut into thin diagonal strips. Cook asparagus in a small amount of water 30-60 seconds. Drain and cool.
- Combine beef and asparagus. Combine the soy sauce, oil, vinegar and ginger; pour over beef and asparagus. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and toss lightly. Serve warm or at room temperature on lettuce leaves if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sesame Beef and Asparagus Salad in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 1995, p21
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Warm Sesame Beef and Asparagus Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review