Warm Sesame Beef & Asparagus Salad Recipe
- 1 beef top round steak (1 pound)
- 4 cups sliced fresh asparagus (cut in 2-inch pieces)
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- Sesame seeds
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. Preheat broiler. In a broiler pan 3-4 in. from heat, broil meat until it reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Cool and cut into thin diagonal strips.
- 2. In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. water to a boil. Add asparagus; cook, uncovered, just until crisp-tender, 3-5 minutes. Drain and cool.
- 3. Combine beef and asparagus. Stir together soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar and ginger; pour over beef and asparagus. Sprinkle with sesame seeds; toss lightly. If desired, serve on lettuce leaves. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 160 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 350mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 0 fat.
Reviews for Warm Sesame Beef & Asparagus Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.