Warm Seafood Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 pound bay scallops
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first seven ingredients; add 2 teaspoons oil. Shake well; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook the shrimp, scallops and garlic in remaining oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are firm and opaque.
- 3. Divide the greens between two salad plates; top with seafood mixture. Shake dressing and drizzle over salads. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 264 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 193 mg cholesterol, 934 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.