Warm Seafood Salad Recipe
"Here's a recipe that's sized right for two seafood lovers," Lillian Julow says of her easy entree salad. Served over a bed of greens, sauteed scallops and shrimp get plenty of flavor from garlic and a homemade vinaigrette.
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 pound bay scallops
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups spring mix salad greens
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first seven ingredients; add 2 teaspoons oil. Shake well; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the shrimp, scallops and garlic in remaining oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are firm and opaque.
- Divide the greens between two salad plates; top with seafood mixture. Shake dressing and drizzle over salads. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Warm Seafood Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p61
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Warm Seafood Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >
- Salads >