Warm Scallop Salad Recipe
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon water
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, saute scallops in oil for 2 minutes on each side or until firm and opaque. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute red pepper and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add salad dressing and water; cook 2-3 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Return scallops to the pan; cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. Place the greens in a salad bowl. Add scallop mixture and toss lightly; sprinkle with pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups (prepared with fat-free Italian dressing) equals 168 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 491 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Warm Scallop Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.