Bottled dressing adds to the easy preparation for this warm, wonderful salad. Gertrudis Miller in Evansville, Indiana got the recipe from a friend years ago. “It couldn’t be much quicker to make,“ she shares, “and it always brings compliments when I serve it.“
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon water
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute scallops in oil for 2 minutes on each side or until firm and opaque. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute red pepper and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add salad dressing and water; cook 2-3 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Return scallops to the pan; cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Place the greens in a salad bowl. Add scallop mixture and toss lightly; sprinkle with pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Warm Scallop Salad in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p29
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Warm Scallop Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review