Served in a bread bowl, this colorful cheese dip gets added flavor from bacon and veggies. “It’s perfect for parties anytime of the year,” notes field editor Marilu Hynes of McLeod Hill, New Brunswick.
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) sourdough bread
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1-in. shell (save removed bread for another use).
- Spoon cheese mixture into bread shell. Wrap in a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 24 in. x 18 in.). Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through. Serve with crackers. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Warm Savory Cheese Spread in Taste of Home October/November 2005, p12
Reviews for Warm Savory Cheese Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review