Warm Sausage Potato Salad Recipe
- 6 cups cubed red potatoes
- 2 cups fresh green beans, halved and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 pound reduced-fat fully cooked smoked sausage, quartered and sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1. Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 4 minutes. Add beans; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Drain and place in a bowl. Add the sausage and onion.
- 2. In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, mustard, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually add the milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the mayonnaise; pour over vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to a 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 13 servings.
3/4 cup: 194 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 533mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat