- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3-1/4 cups 2% milk, divided
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) cook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; add 1-1/4 cups milk. Beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Transfer to a greased 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle cook-and-serve pudding mix over batter.
- In a small saucepan, heat remaining milk until bubbles form around sides of pan; gradually pour over dry pudding mix.
- Cook, covered, on high 3-4 hours or until a toothpick inserted in cake portion comes out with moist crumbs.
- Turn off slow cooker. Sprinkle marshmallows, chocolate chips and pecans over cake; let stand, covered, 5 minutes or until marshmallows begin to melt. Serve warm. If desired, top with ice cream. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Warm Rocky Road Cake
Sort By :
"I was a bit disappointed in this recipe. It tasted good the day I served it, but it sat in the refrigerator ever after and no one wanted any more. (and I have three boys and a husband). The leftovers kind of tasted like grainy chocolate cake, it was not all that flavorful left over."
"Very good. Very sweet, but very good! Will make again when I am cooking for a crowd."
"I made this recipe for work and it was a big hit!"