Warm Rocky Road Cake
When it's warm, this reminds me of super-moist lava cake. And until I made this, I didn't think a slow-cooker cake could be so attractive. It's a real winner. —Scarlett Elrod, Newnan, GA
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3-1/4 cups 2% milk, divided
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) cook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; add 1-1/4 cups
- milk. Beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a greased 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle
- cook-and-serve pudding mix over batter.
- In a small saucepan, heat remaining milk until bubbles form around
- sides of pan; gradually pour over dry pudding mix.
- Cook, covered, on high 3-4 hours or until a toothpick inserted in
- cake portion comes out with moist crumbs.
- Turn off slow cooker. Sprinkle marshmallows, chocolate chips and
- pecans over cake; let stand, covered, 5 minutes or until