Warm Rocky Road Cake Recipe
When it's warm, this reminds me of super-moist lava cake. And until I made this, I didn't think a slow-cooker cake could be so attractive. It's a real winner. —Scarlett Elrod, Newnan, GA
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/4 cups 2% milk, divided
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) cook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; add 1-1/4 cups milk. Beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Transfer to a greased 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle cook-and-serve pudding mix over batter.
- 2. In a small saucepan, heat remaining milk until bubbles form around sides of pan; gradually pour over dry pudding mix.
- 3. Cook, covered, on high 3-4 hours or until a toothpick inserted in cake portion comes out with moist crumbs.
- 4. Turn off slow cooker. Sprinkle marshmallows, chocolate chips and pecans over cake; let stand, covered, 5 minutes or until marshmallows begin to melt. Serve warm. If desired, top with ice cream. Yield: 16 servings.
3/4 cup (calculated without ice cream) equals 386 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 431 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC