Warm Roasted Beet Salad Recipe
- 8 whole fresh beets
- Cooking spray
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- Scrub beets and cut into wedges; place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat beets with additional cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, for dressing, place orange juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until liquid is syrupy and reduced to about 1/3 cup. Remove from the heat. Whisk in the shallot, oil, vinegar, thyme, orange peel, salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
- Just before serving, place arugula in a large bowl. Drizzle with 1/4 cup dressing and toss to coat. Divide mixture among six salad plates. Place beets in the same bowl; add remaining dressing and toss to coat. Arrange on plates. Sprinkle salads with blue cheese and hazelnuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Warm Roasted Beet Salad(5)
Sort By :
My husband and I enjoyed this recipe very much. Roasting the beets really brings out the sweetness.
Can I use some beets I canned this past season without too much change in flavor?
Fabulous! I prefer to roast the beets before cutting them up. The dressing is A+.
3 w.w. points
More Recipe Collections
- Baking Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Hazelnut Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Salads >