Warm Red Potato Salad Recipe
This is my sister, Barbara's recipe. The red potato skins and the green beans contrast nicely, and the ham pieces add lip-smacking flavor. —Laurel Leslie, Sonora, California
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1/4 pound fresh snow peas, halved
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 4 red lettuce leaves
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes. Add snow peas; cook, uncovered, 1 minute longer or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- 2. When cool enough to handle, quarter potatoes into a large bowl. Add the mushrooms, ham, green pepper, celery, onions and parsley.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture and toss gently. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve warm in a lettuce-lined bowl. Yield: 7 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 273 calories, 17 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 313 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC