Warm Pork and Pear Salad Recipe
- 1 cup sliced sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/3 cup canola oil, divided
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (1.7 pounds) lemon-garlic center cut pork loin fillet
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) Italian romaine and radicchio salad mix
- 2 medium pears, sliced
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook onion in 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. Place onion and vinegar in a blender; cover and process until onion is chopped. Add the molasses, sugar, salt and pepper; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add remaining oil in a steady stream. Pour dressing into a microwave-safe bowl; set aside.
- 3. Cut pork into 1/4-in. slices. In a large skillet, cook pork in oil until no longer pink. Remove and cut into strips; keep warm.
- 4. Microwave dressing on high for 30-60 seconds or until warmed; whisk until blended. Toss salad mix with 1/2 cup dressing; place on a serving platter. Top with pears, grapes and pork. Drizzle with remaining dressing; sprinkle with walnuts and cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1-3/4 cup: 680 calories, 49g fat (8g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 548mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 6g fiber), 36g protein .
Reviews for Warm Pork and Pear Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.