- 1 cup sliced sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/3 cup canola oil, divided
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (1.7 pounds) lemon-garlic center cut pork loin fillet
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) Italian romaine and radicchio salad mix
- 2 medium pears, sliced
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- In a large skillet, cook onion in 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool to room temperature.
- Place onion and vinegar in a blender; cover and process until onion is chopped. Add the molasses, sugar, salt and pepper; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add remaining oil in a steady stream. Pour dressing into a microwave-safe bowl; set aside.
- Cut pork into 1/4-in. slices. In a large skillet, cook pork in oil until no longer pink. Remove and cut into strips; keep warm.
- Microwave dressing on high for 30-60 seconds or until warmed; whisk until blended. Toss salad mix with 1/2 cup dressing; place on a serving platter. Top with pears, grapes and pork. Drizzle with remaining dressing; sprinkle with walnuts and cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Warm Pork and Pear Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p59
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Warm Pork and Pear Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review