Warm Pineapple Sundaes with Rum Sauce
Pineapple, rum and sugar have a longstanding and flavorful relationship that takes on new meaning when you add ginger and butter and turn up the heat. —Jamie Miller, Maple Grove, Minnesota
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 fresh pineapple spears (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 teaspoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream or low-fat frozen yogurt
- 4 gingersnap cookies
- Place pineapple in 1-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the
- brown sugar, rum and ginger; spoon over pineapple. Dot with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until pineapple is
- lightly browned and sauce is bubbly. Place ice cream in two dessert
- dishes; top with pineapple and sauce. Serve immediately with
- cookies. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 536 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 221 mg sodium, 95 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.