Warm Pineapple Sundaes with Rum Sauce Recipe
- 4 fresh pineapple spears (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 teaspoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream or low-fat frozen yogurt
- 4 gingersnap cookies
- 1. Place pineapple in 1-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, rum and ginger; spoon over pineapple. Dot with butter.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until pineapple is lightly browned and sauce is bubbly. Place ice cream in two dessert dishes; top with pineapple and sauce. Serve immediately with cookies. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving: 536 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 221mg sodium, 95g carbohydrate (78g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Warm Pineapple Sundaes with Rum Sauce
"This is a great summertime dessert that can easily be modified to suit ones tastes, I thought that 3/4 teaspoon ginger would be a bit strong, so I actually substituted 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg for a more subtle flavor. I also used shortbread cookies as that's what I had on hand."
"Very yummy! I used Rum Flavoring instead of Rum, however. It makes me think of some yummy desserts we have had in the Caribbean. Was a hit with my husband too!"