Pineapple, rum and sugar have a longstanding and flavorful relationship that takes on new meaning when you add ginger and butter and turn up the heat. —Jamie Miller, Maple Grove, Minnesota
- 4 fresh pineapple spears (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 teaspoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream or low-fat frozen yogurt
- 4 gingersnap cookies
- Place pineapple in 1-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, rum and ginger; spoon over pineapple. Dot with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until pineapple is lightly browned and sauce is bubbly. Place ice cream in two dessert dishes; top with pineapple and sauce. Serve immediately with cookies. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Warm Pineapple Sundaes with Rum Sauce in Taste of Home April/May 2012, p84
Reviews for Warm Pineapple Sundaes with Rum Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review