Warm Pesto Dip Recipe
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup prepared pesto
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Assorted fresh vegetables or bread cubes
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in pesto and cream cheese; cook and stir over low heat until smooth.
- 2. Stir in cream and Parmesan cheese. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with vegetables or bread. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without vegetables and bread) equals 259 calories, 25 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 293 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.