VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup prepared pesto
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Assorted fresh vegetables or bread cubes
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in pesto and cream cheese; cook and stir over low heat until smooth.
- Stir in cream and Parmesan cheese. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with vegetables or bread. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Warm Pesto Dip in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2009 , p91