Warm Percolator Punch
It smells like Christmas all through Janet Crawford's house in Ashland, Kentucky when she serves up this pleasantly spicy punch. It can also be made in a Dutch oven.
15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 6 cups cranberry juice
- 3 cups water
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- In a 24-cup percolator, combine the juices, water, brown sugar and
- salt. Place cloves and cinnamon sticks in the percolator basket;
- cover and begin perking. When cycle is complete, discard spices.
- Yield: 15 servings (about 3-1/2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 130 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.