Warm Pecan Cabbage Slaw Recipe
- 4 cups coarsely shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the cabbage, carrot, green onions, water, salt and pepper. Cover and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until cabbage is crisp-tender. Drain, if necessary.
- 2. Combine butter and mustard; pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Stir in pecans. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup: 109 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 376mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Warm Pecan Cabbage Slaw
"we loved this! i used yellow onion, yellow mustard w/ worchestershire sauce and omitted the pecans according to what i had on hand."