Marie Hattrup, a field editor from Sparks, Nevada, gives a new twist to this slaw, which she serves warm. The mild mustard flavor and pleasing blend of crisp-tender vegetables and toasted pecans is a nice complement to fish or ham.
- 4 cups coarsely shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large saucepan, combine the cabbage, carrot, green onions, water, salt and pepper. Cover and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until cabbage is crisp-tender. Drain, if necessary.
- Combine butter and mustard; pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Stir in pecans. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Warm Pecan Cabbage Slaw in Taste of Home June/July 2004, p21
Reviews for Warm Pecan Cabbage Slaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 12, 2013
"we loved this! i used yellow onion, yellow mustard w/ worchestershire sauce and omitted the pecans according to what i had on hand."