Warm Pear Salad Recipe
- 3 large ripe pears, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 6 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- RASPBERRY VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, saute pear slices for 2-3 minutes on each side or until tender. On salad plates, arrange the greens, pears, onion, blue cheese and sunflower kernels.
- 2. In a blender, combine the vinaigrette ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Drizzle over salads. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 243 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Warm Pear Salad
"This is a wonderful spring salad, filled with color and flavor. I love the perk this dressing gives to the salad. I have made this a few times, always with raves from guests."