Warm Peach Dessert Recipe
When you want a tempting treat that serve two, consider this peach cobbler-like delight from Mamie Knox of Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania. Her warm-from-the-oven fruit is extra special with a scoop of vanilla ice cream of frozen yogurt on top.
- 2 cans (one 15-1/4 ounces, one 8-1/2 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1. Drain peaches, reserving 1/2 cup syrup. Place peaches in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and reserved peach syrup until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Pour over peaches.
- 2. Combine the graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon and nutmeg; stir in butter. Sprinkle over peaches. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until the topping is lightly browned. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup (prepared with reduced-fat margarine) equals 227 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC