"I enjoy cooking but don't always have time to prepare elaborate meals, so I love this pretty salad because It's so fast to fix," says Cheryl Arnold of Lake Zurich, Illinois.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 2 thin slices red onion, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a small skillet, saute chicken in 1 teaspoon oil for 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, salt, pepper, vinegar, orange juice and remaining oil until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the spinach, orange, onion and walnuts; add chicken mixture and toss. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Warm Chicken Spinach Salad in Light & Tasty October/November 2002, p17
Reviews for Warm Orange Chicken Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review