Warm Olive Bruschetta
Cream cheese and ripe olives add heartiness to the usual bruschetta with tomatoes. The flavors blend beautifully.
24 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 24 slices French bread baguette (1/4 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon prepared Italian salad dressing
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- Place bread on ungreased baking sheets; brush lightly with oil. Bake
- at 400° for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the celery, olives, salad
- dressing and garlic. Spread cream cheese over toast; top each slice
- with 2 teaspoons olive mixture. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until heated
- through. Top with tomatoes. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 80 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.