Warm Mexican Chocolate Cakettes Recipe
What could be more comforting than a cup of hot chocolate topped with marshmallows? How about my souffle-inspired Warm Mexican Chocolate Cakettes? Talk about a crowd pleaser! —Matt Warren, Mequon, Wisconsin
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces Mexican chocolate, chopped
- 1 package (1 ounce) instant hot cocoa mix
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons brewed coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- WHIPPED MARSHMALLOW TOPPING:
- 1/3 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Chocolate curls
- Butter six 8-ounce ovenproof coffee mugs or ramekins.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the chocolate, cocoa mix and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until smooth; cool.
- In small bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until well blended. Beat in eggs, one at time, beating well after each addition. Add chocolate mixture; mix well. Add sour cream alternately with dry ingredients, beating well after each addition. Add coffee and vanilla. Divide among prepared cups.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until set and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir marshmallow creme until smooth. Add cream; beat until soft peaks form. Refrigerate until serving.
- Dollop each dessert with marshmallow topping and garnish with chocolate curls. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Warm Mexican Chocolate Cakettes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p67
Reviews for Warm Mexican Chocolate Cakettes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review