Warm Ham 'n' Cheese Spread Recipe
Pattie Prescott of Manchester, New Hampshire says, “I’m always looking for creative yet family-pleasing ways to stretch my tight grocery budget. I usually make this delectable dish with ham ‘ends,’ available inexpensively at the deli counter.”
- 4 pita breads (6 inches), split
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cups ground fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss, American and cheddar cheeses
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Additional shredded Swiss cheese, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cut each pita half into eight wedges; brush rough sides with oil. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Remove to wire racks.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine ham, cheeses, mayonnaise and mustard. Transfer to a shallow 1-qt. baking dish.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° 15-20 minutes or until edges are bubbly. Sprinkle with parsley and additional Swiss cheese if desired; serve with pita wedges. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC