- 4 pita breads (6 inches), split
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cups ground fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss, American and cheddar cheeses
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Additional shredded Swiss cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut each pita half into eight wedges; brush rough sides with oil. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Remove to wire racks.
- In a large bowl, combine ham, cheeses, mayonnaise and mustard. Transfer to a shallow 1-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° 15-20 minutes or until edges are bubbly. Sprinkle with parsley and additional Swiss cheese if desired; serve with pita wedges. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Warm Ham 'n' Cheese Spread
"I thought this was okay. I have never made a hot ham dip before, so I really have nothing to compare it to. It kind of just tasted like store bought ham salad, warmed, with some pieces of swiss cheese bits. I found the mayo taste and salt to be a bit heavy. I only tested 1/2 recipe to try it. Since, I think it is sort of too salty I might not use it on a cracker, but I might try it on a roll later after it cools down."
"I made a slightly adapted version of this (had to use the ingredients we had on hand) and received lots of praise for this simple yet tasty dish.I used 3 types of cheddar and served it with crackers."