Warm Ham 'n' Cheese Spread Recipe
Pattie Prescott of Manchester, New Hampshire says, “I’m always looking for creative yet family-pleasing ways to stretch my tight grocery budget. I usually make this delectable dish with ham ‘ends,’ available inexpensively at the deli counter.”
- 4 pita breads (6 inches), split
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cups ground fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss, American and cheddar cheeses
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Additional shredded Swiss cheese, optional
- Cut each pita half into eight wedges; brush rough sides with oil. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Remove to wire racks.
- In a large bowl, combine the ham, cheeses, mayonnaise and mustard. Transfer to a shallow 1-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until edges are bubbly. Sprinkle with parsley and additional Swiss cheese if desired; serve with pita wedges. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Warm Ham 'n' Cheese Spread in Taste of Home October/November 2007, p48
Reviews for Warm Ham 'n' Cheese Spread(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 13, 2012
I made a slightly adapted version of this (had to use the ingredients we had on hand) and received lots of praise for this simple yet tasty dish.
I used 3 types of cheddar and served it with crackers.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baked Ham >
- Baking Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Spread >
- Cheese Spreads >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Halloween Appetizers >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >